Pages

3.27.2010

FLORIDA FIM FESTIVAL 2010

Wow, I'm getting really excited for the Florida Film Festival this year. The films look great, the food delicious, the stars, well, shiny! And it's all less than three weeks away!

I feel a particular sense of intimacy with the festival this year. After spending all of this time over the last few weeks marketing Obselidia (one of the competition films) there will be a good balance of pleasure and productivity during festival week. Working closely with the producer Chris Byrne and director Diane Bell, as well as all of the fine folks at the Enzian has been nothing but a wonderful learning experience for me. I can only hope to have this kind of involvement with the festival circuit more frequently, in more places, and in more ways in the years to come!

It's a little upsetting, however, given all of the time I have to commit to the FFF that I won't be able to attend ANY of the Sarasota Film Festival this year. Not that I've ever had any close bonds with that particular festival or its administration. Despite growing up in Sarasota, I never was as interested in films during the years I would have been able to attended. Regardless, it would have been nice to enjoy some of the lavish banquets they have at the Ringling Museum.

At any rate, days are flying by, the FFF will soon be another one in the books and who knows what I'll have to look forward to next!



PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE BLOG I CREATED FOR OBSELIDIA AT THE FFF. FOLLOW IT, SHARE IT, ENJOY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment